I’d say it sucks, but honestly, this whole year has sucked. As far as gathering and celebrating that is.
My company has a Fly-In every 4 months. It’s a chance for distributors, guests, and staff to get together in person, meet and greet, celebrate, and just have some belly-to-belly goodness.
Well, Thank You Covid. This is our second “Virtual” Fly-In. It’s not the same, but it works.
So – on Thursday evening, we always have “Nights on Broadway” – it’s a special event that you need to qualify for – and there are typically only 20 – 30 folks that make it. I make it. I know, I’m competitive and don’t want to be left out of anything. I guess that’s good – It makes me hit my goals.
The event is always a surprise. We are told what time to be there, what to wear, and little else. Some of the things we have experienced are horse-drawn sleigh-ride up a mountain, private screening with dinner in a movie theatre, Broadway musicals – and so much more. But having a surprise event virtually is a little more complicated.
So, tomorrow night, we are supposed to be at our computers at 5:45 pm CST. We got this list of instructions:
Nights on Broadway Participation Requirements:
– Headphones (absolutely required! Earbuds/Airpods are fine)
– If two people will be at one computer, you will need a headphone splitter (https://amzn.to/32YUxzU)
– A laptop or desktop with webcam. (no phones or tablets)
– Quiet area away from other players or background noise.
– Close all other browser tabs and applications
– A good internet connection
– We recommend Firefox or Chrome web browsers.
Okay… some kind of game? Panic room? Movie? Oh, we also received a box via FedEx today that we are instructed NOT to open – until we are told to.
I guess I’ll have to let you know – I have no clue. Any guesses? Message me your best guess and I’ll award every correct answer a free product pak! Let’s go!